Job Posted On: January 22, 2015
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Creation Justice Ministries’ programs and execution of its mission. The Executive Director’s overarching responsibility will be to continue and enhance the program ministries of CJM and to encourage and enable member communions to address eco-justice issues through their own programs. Creation Justice Ministries (CJM), headquartered in Washington, DC, is an ecumenical organization representing the creation care policies of 38 Christian denominations, including mainline Protestant, Orthodox, Baptist, and peace churches. Based on the priorities of its members, CJM educates, equips and mobilizes Christian communions/denominations to protect God’s Creation. CJM provides collaborative
opportunities to build ecumenical community and raises a collective witness in the public arena echoing Christ’s call for just relationships among all of Creation.
Leadership and Management
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
• Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction of operations.
Fundraising & Communications
• Expand revenue generation and fundraising activities to support program operations.
• Conduct foundation relations in order to generate resources necessary for program operations.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger “brand.”
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
• Manage the organization’s relations and cooperative ventures with other religious organizations and para-church organizations.
• As appropriate, develop and implement cooperative initiatives with environmental groups of all kinds, while preserving the unique prophetic voice of the faith community
• Conduct e-advocacy in cooperation with the 38 member communions.
• Oversee and implement the policy and advocacy activities of the organization on priority issues.
• Coordinate, support and grow the work of the organization’s members, expanding its work as a forum for information and best-practices sharing and encouraging the development of cooperative program initiatives within and
between the organization’s members
• Oversee and administer the development and consequent achievement of specific measurable programmatic goals for the organization.
• Develop educational resources, statements, and additional educational materials as appropriate.
Location: position is located in Washington, DC
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
How to Apply?: Send your resume, salary requirements, cover letter, and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed starting March 16, 2015.